How to make a personal injury claim
So you've slipped on a wet floor. Or caught your hand in a machine at work. The question is: are you to blame?
All too often we shrug off personal injuries as "just bad luck" and bear the cost of hospital treatment, loss of wages and other consequences ourselves. But why should you have to do this, if you're not responsible?
Can you make a claim?
Before we can answer that, there are a few questions we'll need to know the answers to:
- Could you have avoided the injury?
- Whose fault was it? (Employer, local authority, hospital, retailer, etc.)
- Has your injury affected your ability to work or enjoy life?
- Have you had to pay for medical treatments and other expenses because of your injury?
You may also be able to make a claim for a workplace injury if:
- You were made redundant after your accident
- You are self-employed
- You were injured at a different workplace
- You're claiming on behalf of someone else
- The accident happened over three years ago
- Your employer is no longer in business
These include illnesses caused by long-term exposure to harmful substances, activities, noise or working environments: asbestos-related diseases, respiratory illnesses, upper-limb disorders, deafness, etc.
Clinical negligence claims
Negligence of this type comprises acts of "avoidable harm" caused by a healthcare professional. Claims may concern:
- Anaesthetic awareness
- Anaesthetic nerve and spinal cord injuries
- Dental negligence
- Pressure sores
- A&E compensation claims
- Birth injuries
- Care home claims
- GP negligence
- Cosmetic surgery claims
- Hospital negligence
- Medication errors
Use our personal injury claim calculator to work out how much compensation is likely for different types of injury.
- Email us
- Call our personal injury claims team free on 0808 560 0872
- Arrange a callback by using our enquiry form
With you every step of the way.
Personal Injury Claim Calculator
What our clients say
- Thank you again for everything you did to help with my claim.
Your attention to detail is second to none & I really appreciate all the hard effort you put in.
Thanks to you I have received a nice cheque that will really help make things easier this year for me & my family.
You have set 2022 off to a very good start & I cannot thank you enough
- I would like to thank you for your help in acheiving a satisfactory result to my claim, especially Ms Joiner.
- From start to finish of my case I was made to feel at ease and treated with the greatest of respect by Gordon Milligan. I am delighted with the outcome and would have no hesitation in consulting you again.
- Special thanks to Caitlin Souter in handling my injury claim.
- Your service and advice was excellent. I was always kept well informed about how my case was going. Would recommend your solicitors to anyone. And a big thank you to Jackie. Very helpful.