How to make a personal injury claim
So you've slipped on a wet floor. Or caught your hand in a machine at work. The question is: are you to blame?
All too often we shrug off personal injuries as "just bad luck" and bear the cost of hospital treatment, loss of wages and other consequences ourselves. But why should you have to do this, if you're not responsible?
Can you make a claim?
Before we can answer that, there are a few questions we'll need to know the answers to:
- Could you have avoided the injury?
- Whose fault was it? (Employer, local authority, hospital, retailer, etc.)
- Has your injury affected your ability to work or enjoy life?
- Have you had to pay for medical treatments and other expenses because of your injury?
You may also be able to make a claim for a workplace injury if:
- You were made redundant after your accident
- You are self-employed
- You were injured at a different workplace
- You're claiming on behalf of someone else
- The accident happened over three years ago
- Your employer is no longer in business
These include illnesses caused by long-term exposure to harmful substances, activities, noise or working environments: asbestos-related diseases, respiratory illnesses, upper-limb disorders, deafness, etc.
Clinical negligence claims
Negligence of this type comprises acts of "avoidable harm" caused by a healthcare professional. Claims may concern:
- Anaesthetic awareness
- Anaesthetic nerve and spinal cord injuries
- Dental negligence
- Pressure sores
- A&E compensation claims
- Birth injuries
- Care home claims
- GP negligence
- Cosmetic surgery claims
- Hospital negligence
- Medication errors
Use our personal injury claim calculator to work out how much compensation is likely for different types of injury.
- Email us
- Call our personal injury claims team free on 0808 560 0872
- Arrange a callback by using our enquiry form
With you every step of the way.
What our clients say
- As i have a disability (deaf and dumb) I found all help given to me was excellent and a interpreter was provided who was a great help. Thank you ever so much.
- I sincerely wish to thank you for all the effort and work on my behalf, especially your consideration, kindness and civility.
- Thank you for your help with my claim for damages. Caitlin Souter and all your staff were very helpful and encouraging.
- David Harris was a pleasure to deal with. Couldn't have done it without him. Thanks again.