Legal services for Usdaw members and their families
The team at Allan McDougall Solicitors has been working for Usdaw members and their families throughout Scotland for many years.
How we help Usdaw members
As panel solicitors for Usdaw, we act for Usdaw members free of charge when you need legal advice for:
Personal injury compensation claims
- Any accident, anywhere in the UK, including accidents at work and outside of work.
- Accidents and injuries while outside the UK on a package holiday.
- Road traffic and cycling accidents.
- Work-related conditions and occupational diseases (including repetitive strain injuries, deafness, asbestos-related illnesses, vibration white finger, occupational asthma and dermatitis).
- Slips, trips and falls.
- Injuries caused by violent crime or armed robbery (Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority claims).
- Public liability and occupiers’ liability claims.
Family members living with an Usdaw member are covered for any non-work related accidents anywhere, anytime in the UK and also if they are injured while outside the UK on a package holiday.
As an Usdaw member, you and your family members will not be charged a success fee. This means that you will receive 100% of any compensation. Note that most other law firms that are not panel solicitors for Usdaw will retain a significant percentage (as high as 30%) of your settlement.
We also provide our family law services at a reduced rate for members. These include:
- Separation and divorce.
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships.
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements.
- Parental rights and responsibilities, residence and contact.
Other legal services
We can also help you with other legal services through our sister brand McDougall McQueen, including:
- Drafting a will for you and your partner free of charge.
- Providing conveyancing, probate and powers of attorney services at reduced rates.
Get in touch
To start a claim for a personal injury matter, call FirstCall Usdaw, the Free Accident Helpline 0800 055 6333 or complete the online form.
For all other legal issues, call Usdaw’s Union Helpline 0800 030 8030 or complete this online form.
With you every step of the way.
What our clients say
- Fantastic. I would like to thank Stephen Irvine for his professional approach to my claim and for going above and beyond.
- Great service from Stephen. Aways been in touch at every step taken in my case. Thank you.
- Jackie Raitt and Michelle Wilson provided great service and advice in helping me win this personal injury compensation case.