Legal services for Usdaw members and their families
The team at Allan McDougall Solicitors has been working for Usdaw members and their families throughout Scotland for many years.
How we help Usdaw members
As panel solicitors for Usdaw, we act for Usdaw members free of charge when you need legal advice for:
Personal injury compensation claims
- Accidents at or away from work, including on holiday.
- Workplace injuries such as industrial deafness and repetitive strain injuries.
- Industrial diseases such as asbestos-related illnesses and vibration white finger.
- Road traffic and cycle accidents.
- Public liability and occupiers liability claims.
- Medical and dental negligence.
Usdaw members' children aged under 18 are covered for personal injury claims, including road traffic accident and injury cases. Family members living with an Usdaw member can receive free legal advice and representation in road traffic accident claims.
- Settlement agreements.
- Unlawful deductions from wages.
- Holiday pay issues.
- Unfair dismissal.
- Maternity and paternity rights.
- And other employment issues.
As an Usdaw member, you and your family members will not be charged a success fee. This means that you will receive 100% of any compensation. Note that most other law firms that are not panel solicitors for Usdaw will retain a significant percentage (as high as 30%) of your settlement.
Other legal services
We can also help you with other legal services through our sister brand McDougall McQueen, including:
- Drafting a will for you and your partner free of charge.
- Providing conveyancing, probate and powers of attorney services at reduced rates.
Get in touch
To start a claim for a personal injury matter, call Usdaw’s free accident helpline, FirstCall Usdaw, 24/7, on 0800 055 6333.
For employment matters, please contact your Usdaw representative or call 0800 030 8030 outside normal office hours.
With you every step of the way.
What our clients say
- Alexandra Robertson was very professional and kept me informed throughout my injury case.
- I want to say THANK YOU to the entire law firm and USDAW trade union for leading my case. Also the kindness of Fiona Fraser for her help and understanding in explaining my case. She is very competent and supportive with the language barrier. I am very pleased with the result of my case.
- Very helpful and efficient service from Julie Harris, with great outcome.