Legal services for Usdaw members and their families
The team at Allan McDougall Solicitors has been working for Usdaw members and their families throughout Scotland for many years.
How we help Usdaw members
As panel solicitors for Usdaw, we act for Usdaw members free of charge when you need legal advice for:
Personal injury compensation claims
- Accidents at or away from work, including on holiday.
- Workplace injuries such as industrial deafness and repetitive strain injuries.
- Industrial diseases such as asbestos-related illnesses and vibration white finger.
- Road traffic and cycle accidents.
- Public liability and occupiers liability claims.
- Medical and dental negligence.
Usdaw members' children aged under 18 are covered for personal injury claims, including road traffic accident and injury cases. Family members living with an Usdaw member can receive free legal advice and representation in road traffic accident claims.
- Settlement agreements.
- Unlawful deductions from wages.
- Holiday pay issues.
- Unfair dismissal.
- Maternity and paternity rights.
- And other employment issues.
As an Usdaw member, you and your family members will not be charged a success fee. This means that you will receive 100% of any compensation. Note that most other law firms that are not panel solicitors for Usdaw will retain a significant percentage (as high as 30%) of your settlement.
Other legal services
We can also help you with other legal services through our sister brand McDougall McQueen, including:
- Drafting a will for you and your partner free of charge.
- Providing conveyancing, probate and powers of attorney services at reduced rates.
Get in touch
To start a claim for a personal injury matter, call Usdaw’s free accident helpline, FirstCall Usdaw, 24/7, on 0800 055 6333.
For employment matters, please contact your Usdaw representative or call 0800 030 8030 outside normal office hours.
With you every step of the way.
What our clients say
- Mr Milligan kept me well informed of the process and progress of my case.
He was clear and to the point in all matters. Throughout I felt that I was being represented in the best manner and he passed on any new information and updates as soon as he had them.
- Very well advised by Jackie and very pleased with my outcome.
- Just like to reiterate how quick and professional my experience was with Julie and Caitlin.