Defective product injuries
If you have been injured, or become ill, as a result of a product which was defective, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim. The law provides good protection to consumers injured by defective products. But there can still be complexities in ensuring the claim is directed against the appropriate company or organisation. While most claims are initially directed against the manufacturer of a product, there can be some situations where the supplier of the product can also be included.
It is not always easy to identify the correct manufacturer. Many products are built from a number of different components each of which may have been manufactured by different companies. It is important that you have the right advice from expert lawyers with experience in successfully pursuing claims for injuries from defective products.
The information that can usefully be provided at the outset includes:
- The place your bought the product
- The date you bought the product (if possible, proof of purchase such as a receipt, order form or delivery note)
- Identity of the manufacturer, if known
- If possible, which part of the product failed causing the accident
Don’t worry if you cannot provide every piece of information at the outset. We can assist in obtaining some of these pieces of information.
If you are interested in making a compensation claim for a defective product injury, please get in touch with us today for a confidential discussion.
- Email us
- Call our personal injury claims team free on 0808 560 0872
- Arrange a callback by using our enquiry form
With you every step of the way.
Go back to the previous page
What our clients say
- I would like to express my gratitude to Jackie Raitt. Very well done.
- I'd like to thank everyone at McDougalls and Unite The Union for your help in getting compensation for me from my employers. Whatever David Harris said to them it worked - the money has gone into my account and it's a massive relief. This case just goes to show that union membership is well worth it. Unite passed me to Allan McDougall and I shall be telling everyone about my case and how Unite and Allan McDougall helped me.
- Totally professional and knowledgeable staff who are a credit to your company. In pursuing my injury case, Julie Harris and Jackie Raitt took the extra time to explain everything in layman's terms.
- Patience, sympathy, support & understanding from Julie Harris in dealing with my injury claim. Genuine interest & human touch helped enormously in difficult times.