Great results for retired Unite members and their families
As a panel law firm for Unite Scotland Legal Services, Allan McDougall Solicitors acts free of charge for retired Unite members for personal injury compensation claims. In addition, their immediate family members are entitled to free legal representation for personal injuries apart from those sustained at work.
As retired Unite members, claimants are not charged a success fee, which means they receive 100% of any compensation. Most other law firms that are not solicitors for Unite usually retain a significant percentage of clients’ settlements.
We have an impressive track record of achieving excellent results for retired Unite members and their families, often negotiating higher final awards than the initial offer. Here are some examples:
- £14,153 compensation was secured for a retired Unite member who suffered pleural plaques, a disease which develops due to past exposure to asbestos.
- A retired Unite member was awarded £7,875 compensation for an injury to his shin when he slipped getting into a vehicle.
- £3,500 damages were obtained for a retired Unite member who suffered from vibration white finger that he had developed before he retired.
- £13,000 compensation, more than the initial offer, was secured for a retired Unite member’s family member who broke her pelvis when she slipped on an icy path.
- £56,500 compensation, almost double the initial offer, was negotiated for a retired Unite member who was injured when a car crashed into the vehicle he was driving.
- A retired Unite member who had broken her arm in an accident while using a treadmill was awarded £7,300 damages, more than the initial offer.
- £21,981 compensation was secured for a retired Unite member who suffered deafness caused by his work before he retired.
- £481,000 damages, over 40% more than the initial offer, were negotiated for a retired Unite member’s family member who was knocked down and whose sister was killed in a road traffic accident.
- A retired Unite member who suffered from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome was awarded £6,500 compensation, more than three times the initial offer.
- £2,500 damages were agreed for a retired Unite member for injuries sustained when a toilet door in a pub sprang back and hit his face.
If you are a retired Unite member who has been injured, or have a family member who has suffered an injury, and would like to claim compensation, please get in touch with your Unite branch or call 0800 709 007 in the first instance.
- Email us
- Call our personal injury claims team free on 0808 560 0872
- Arrange a callback by using our enquiry form
Return to the previous page